Dove Cottage Day Hospice | Jubilee Lodge | Brooke Road | Ridlington | Rutland | LE15 9AJ – is now closed.
Dove’s tenancy on its beautiful premises at Ridlington has drawn to a close, and Oakham Grange, Barleythorpe has come to the hospice’s rescue. It has resumed its day care services there from June 1st on a Tuesday whilst it seeks a more permanent home. Referrals for anyone living with a life-limiting condition, in need of a day’s respite, are now being received.
DOVE Cottage is delighted to announce that Oakham Grange has kindly offered temporary accommodation for its day care in their amazing new home at Barleythorpe for the next three months. For more detailed information, please feel free to contact them.
Dove Cottage Day Hospice offers palliative day care services for people living with life-threatening and long-term conditions all free of charge.
As the only day hospice in Rutland, we provide an essential respite service for carers and an opportunity for our guests to socialise within a safe environment, cared for by a team of nurses who are experienced in palliative care.
There is also an indispensable team of volunteers, some produce a tasty 3 course lunch, others offer a friendly ear and a range of expertise, including, massage, crafts, manicures, cooking, games, talks, music, the list goes on!
Volunteers also provide transport to the hospice.
Come in and have a look around our facilities and please ask any questions, we are happy to help.
We have several events planned throughout the year, so check out our website for details. It would be wonderful if you could come and join us. Everyone is welcome.
1. Dove Cottage has two hospices – one at Oakham Grange care home, Oakham, Rutland, and one in Stathern, Leicestershire.
2. We offer high quality palliative day care to people in Rutland, Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire who are living with a life-limiting illness, such as cancer, motor neurone disease, heart failure, a respiratory disorder or a progressive neurological disease.
3. As a charity, we offer our care services free of charge.
4. The hospice’s care services will be available at Oakham Grange, Barleythorpe on a Tuesday.
5. Dove Cottage Day Hospice’s care services will operate out of a beautiful, self-contained annex. It has a kitchen, lounge, outdoor space and bedrooms. It is secure and fully accessible. Oakham Grange is still open to paying residents.
6. Oakham Grange is a bespoke new build residential home with nursing. Family owned and managed under the Ardale name, they have designed Oakham Grange to be a home suitable for a family member of their own. Not being a ‘grey corporate’ care company, they are proud that each of their homes are unique and they aim to be the care home of choice in the communities they serve.
7. Mission Statement: Oakham Grange will deliver care and support that is meaningful to each individual; with dignity, warmth and personality, by a well-trained care team, as only a family owned home can.
8. Video tour of Oakham Grange via website home page www.OakhamGrange.co.uk