Update on Operation Shield
More than 300 calls to the RCC Crisis Helpline
31% which led to referrals
49% which led to food parcels
Government guidance on shielding can be found at: http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
Rutland Urgent Care Centre
The out-of-hours primary care service at Rutland Memorial Hospital is now open at weekends and bank holidays from 9am until 7pm for NON- COVID and NON-SUSPECTED COVID patients. Patients can access the service via NHS111.
Accessing Dental Services
From Monday 8th June a phased resumption of services will occur in line with national guidance. The situation will be updated on the RCC website as the situation evolves. In the meantime the advice is to phone your dental practice between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday for information/advice. Alternatively phone NHS111 in the evenings after 5pm, on weekends and bank holidays for information/advice.
North Luffenham Recycling Centre
The site was reopened for essential waste on 19 May 2020.
Essential waste is any waste that cannot be stored safely at home or disposed of through other legitimate routes.
Several new safety measures have been introduced at North Luffenham HWRC, in order to maintain social distancing. These include:
- A maximum of four vehicles unloading on-site at a time, with no more than two persons per vehicle
- Visitors must stay two metres away from each other and site staff at all times
- The site closes for 15 minutes at 12.00pm, 2.00pm and 4.00pm each day so that it can be cleaned
- No trailers can be accepted on-site because of the need to move vehicles in and out as quickly as possible
- Visitors are asked to pre-sort their waste and separate out materials like metal, wood and plastics before traveling to the site
- Staff at the site will provide instructions but cannot help to unload or put waste items into containers
Residents have been thanked for their response to the reopening.
Adult Safeguarding Campaign
RCC is asking residents to be vigilant and to call them if they have any concerns at all for the safety of an adult who may be at risk of abuse. To report abuse, go to http://www.rutland.gov.uk/ourdoorisopen or call the Council’s Adult Safeguarding Team on 01572 758341.
National Community Lottery Fund
Small and Medium sized charitable organisations can apply for National Community Lottery Funding of between £300 and £10,000.More info about the fund and how to apply can be found online at: http://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding/covid-19/learn-about-applying-for-emergency-funding-in-england
A special video thanking local volunteers can be viewed by following the link.
A soft reopening has seen a number of changes on site with some facilities still closed to ensure compliance with government restrictions. Parking only in the designated Anglian Water car parks. Further info and guidance for visitors is published online at http://anglianwaterparks.co.uk/rutland-water