For May and June the decision was made to only produce an electronic version of the magazine. The magazine can be found on the Rutland Water Benefice website. Just click on the link to the magazine towards the bottom of the home page or go directly to https://www.rutlandwaterbenefice.info/magazine/
For July we are once again printing a paper version. The challenge is going to be getting the magazine to every household, as some of the normal delivery people are too vulnerable to feel they can do this safely. If you can help, do contact your magazine rep (Anne Harvey) or your churchwarden (David Harvey). We hope to carry on with printed magazine unless another lockdown or other events makes delivery impossible.
- Thank you to magazine editor (Alice Hill), the printers (Spiegl’s), contributors, magazine distributors and advertisers for their adaptability as we seek creative solutions in our changing context. Also, a big thank you to Jackie Ike for ensuring the magazine can also be found on the Ridlington Parish Council website (link below);
- A huge thank you to everyone involved in the Covid 19 Street Reps Group, which was started at the beginning of the crisis. Volunteers have been called upon for shopping, advice, chats etc… and we are grateful to you all for keeping this scheme going;
- Thank you, too, to those co ordinating the prescription collection, in particular Debra Thatcher, Alison and Octavia. This has proved to be a very efficient and invaluable service;
- Thanks to Karen and Richard Baines for the ordering and delivering of flour and yeast which have kept so many of us going throughout the pandemic. We wish them well in the reopening of their business (details on the Ridlington Parish Council website);
- Also, thank you to Martin Bryers for his deliveries of vegetable/fruit boxes and artisan bread;
- And finally, thank you to all those of you who have so generously donated to the Rutland Foodbank, throughout, always thinking of how you can help others in need.